The Colorado Medical Society knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
What personal information does the Colorado Medical Society collect?
- Information you give us.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site, provide to our membership department, or provide in response to a survey.
- For example, you provide information such as your name, address, phone numbers, emails, personal description and photograph.
- You also provide information when you respond to our surveys. All personally identifying information we receive in response to a survey is kept entirely separate from our general membership database.
Publicly available information.
We receive and store publicly available information about our members.
- For example, we integrate data from the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) into our general membership database.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
- For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” (alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer to allow our system to recognize your computer) and we obtain certain types of information (e.g., IP Address, Click-stream, browser type and version, operating system, platform, and date and time of access) when your Web browser accesses cms.org.
- We use this information to evaluate use patterns so future modifications to the site will respond to site user’s needs.
Does the Colorado Medical Society share the information it receives?
- Information about our website visitors is an important part of our operations; it informs our decision
making. We are not in the business of selling it to others. We share information only as described below:
- We occasionally share our mailing list with a provider of a service we feel would be beneficial to our membership.
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. In performing those functions, they may have access to your information to do the work for which we engage them.
- Your responses to surveys are aggregated. That aggregate data is then shared publicly when appropriate. Individual responses will be shared only with your prior permission.
- We do not share your email address with anyone without your prior permission
- We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information to other entities or
individuals in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- (1) conform to the requirements of law;
- (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Colorado Medical Society or any other entity;
- or (3) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of any individual.
How secure is your information?
- We work to protect the security of your information by requiring a unique username and
complex password for anyone with access to the information, and by limiting access to those
whose role necessitates such access. Any information you choose to make public in your profile,
however, will be available for other e-community users to access.
- You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your computer, your password, and your account.
- The Colorado Medical Society has strict employee policies relating to personal information.
This policy is subject to change effective upon posting of policy revisions at the CMS.org web site.