Health System Reform
The passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by Congress in 2010 created a new reality for patients and physicians. The shift of power in Washington, DC, in 2016 has meant more uncertainty as a replacement plan develops. The first iteration is the American Health Care Act.
Federal health care reform, in whatever form it takes, requires ongoing physician participation and leadership to help reshape the broken health care system. CMS has pressed the case for health system reform in Colorado for years and we are committed to working with physicians and patients to find ways to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care for all Coloradans.
At CMS we strive to translate the seismic changes that are occurring across the systems and how they will affect the profession of medicine. The links and resources below offer a wealth of information.
If you would like more information about health care reform then please contact Chet Seward in the CMS office.
- Colorado Health Institute analysis of the American Health Care Act (AHCA)
- CMS guiding principles on health care reform
- Systems of care and matrix reform plan policies
- September 2010 analysis of ACA, progress report and recommendations to 2010 CMS House of Delegates
- ACA summary with a crosswalk analysis with CMS policy
- April 2010 action update memo to CMS members on ACA
- 2009 Progress Report and Recommendations to CMS House of Delegates
- CMS comprehensive strategy on health system reform
Cover: Back in the spotlight - How will federal health care reform work for Colorado?
May 01, 2017 12:00 PM | (0) Comments
Help CIVHC update the Health Initiatives Inventory
October 19, 2016 12:28 PM | (0) Comments
Division of Insurance approves 2016 health insurance plans
November 03, 2015 02:31 PM | (0) Comments