Colorado Medicaid now covers 1 million (roughly 20 percent) of Coloradans after the Affordable Care Act expansion. CMS has prioritized transforming Medicaid into a high-performing delivery system, specifically the urgent need to increase access to specialty care while maintaining Medicare payment parity for primary care.
Work is well underway by the Accountable Care Collaboration (ACC), which uses local care innovations through Regional Care Collaboratives (RCCOs), sophisticated data analytics, alternative payment models to encourage patient-centered care, and physician engagement.
An action plan approved by the House of Delegates in September 2013 directs CMS to continue to support locally based Medicaid innovation in Colorado by the ACC through physician education/outreach and policy on defining the patient population, care delivery and payment reform, and ongoing awareness building and collaboration. Click here to view the plan.
- Read a CMS white paper – Next Steps for Colorado Medicaid: Advancing the Accountable Care Collaborative
- Access a fact sheet: What are the benefits of being a primary care medical provider (PCMP) in the Accountable Care Collaborative?
- Read a letter from CMS to Gov. Hickenlooper on the ACC
- View an on-demand webinar from the CMS Practice Evolution Series: The Accountable Care Collaborative – What it means for physicians and the patients they serve | Download the accompanying slides
From around the web
- Access the Medicaid provider look-up, an online provider search function from the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing. Search by street address or city/ZIP code for a list of providers in alphabetical order.
- Visit the new Affordable Care Act (ACA) resource page for health care providers developed by the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing. It’s designed to deliver key information about health care reform, the Medicaid expansion and the Connect for Health Colorado marketplace.
- Read CMS’ policies on Medicaid
- Visit the ACC page of the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing website
CMS Board of Directors votes to support CO Medicaid expansion and systemic reforms
January 25, 2013 01:47 PM | (0) Comments