PLSS: Multi-generational Leadership - May 22
CMS Leadership Skills Series
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
6:00PM – 8:00 PM
Colorado Medical Society Offices
7351 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, CO 80230
(In-person & video conference event)
Multi-generational leadership: Thriving in the 21st century workplace
by David Remson
Health care requires teamwork, and for physicians that often means leading and working with people of different ages and generational attributes. Understanding what that means for patients is important, but increasingly it is becoming essential to know what that means for those that you, as a physician, work with daily.
Today four generations are working side by side in most organizations. A fifth is not far behind. The multi-generational workplace presents the unique challenge to achieve maximum productivity, efficiency and employee engagement while avoiding generational culture clash. This workshop focuses on practical strategies for capitalizing on all of the assets each generation brings.
By the end of this workshop, the participant will learn:
- How to build professional seasoning and leadership in our Millennial folks.
- How to deploy the independent spirit and problem-solving orientation of Gen Xer’s.
- How to re-engage the Baby Boomer drive.
- How to retain the institutional knowledge of the Silent generation.
- How to begin planning for the arrival of Generation Z.
- How to collaborate successfully across the generational spectrum.
David Remson has been teaching, training and learning about the multi-generational workplace for over 15 years. Through research, experience and humor, his workshops focus on practical, real work application of strategies for leveraging the assets each generation brings to the workplace. David holds a Master’s Degree in Management and Organizational Leadership. His philosophy of organizational excellence is simple; “It’s not about them, it’s about you.”