Colorado Medical Societyhttp://www.cms.org/articles/final-opportunity-to-volunteer-for-icd-10-end-to-end-testing-in-july/
Final opportunity to volunteer for ICD-10 end-to-end testing in JulyFriday, May 15, 2015 12:52 PM
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services are accepting applications for the final ICD-10 testing week, July 20-24, during which a sample group of providers will have the opportunity to participate in end-to-end testing with Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and the Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI) contractor. Applications are due by May 22. Don’t miss your chance to participate in end-to-end testing with Medicare prior to the Oct. 1, 2015, implementation date.
Approximately 850 volunteer submitters will be selected to participate in the July end-to-end testing. This nationwide sample will represent a broad cross-section of provider, claim, and submitter types, including claims clearinghouses that submit claims for large numbers of providers. Note: Testers who participated in the January and April end-to-end testing weeks are able to test again in July without re-applying.
To volunteer as a testing submitter, complete a volunteer form (found on Novitas Solutions’s website or through direct link here: www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q5BC3DV) by May 22. The federal CMS will review applications and select testers. The MACs and CEDI will notify the volunteers selected to test and provide them with the information needed for the testing by June 12.
If selected, testers must be able to:
- Submit future-dated claims
- Provide valid National Provider Identifiers (NPIs), Provider Transaction Access Numbers (PTANs), and beneficiary Health Insurance Claim Numbers (HICNs) that will be used for test claims. This information will be needed by your MAC for set-up purposes by the deadline on your acceptance notice; testers will be dropped if information is not provided by the deadline Any issues identified during testing will be addressed prior to ICD-10 implementation. Educational materials will be developed for providers and submitters based on the testing results. For more information:
- MLN Matters® Article #MM8867, “ICD-10 Limited End-to-End Testing with Submitters for 2015”
- MLN Matters Special Edition Article #SE1435, “FAQs – ICD-10 End-to-End Testing”
- MLN Matters Special Edition Article #SE1409, “Medicare FFS ICD-10 Testing Approach”