Colorado Medical Societyhttp://www.cms.org/articles/perc/
Practice Evolution Reality Check (PERC)Thursday, April 18, 2013 02:39 PM
Health care as we know it is rapidly evolving. The Practice Evolution Reality Check, or PERC, is designed to help you evolve your practice along with it.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: An overview of the forces driving changes to the healthcare environment and tips on getting started on your own practice’s evolution.
- Timelines and Deadlines: What do you need to do and when do you need to do it? Includes effective dates for critical initiatives and printable calendars and timelines.
- Health Information Technology - from EHR to HIE: The what and the why of HIT, from the federal electronic health record (EHR) incentive program and penalties for non-adopters to Colorado’s plan for health information exchange and how you can get help.
- Expanded Coverage and Benefits: New rules for insurance companies and employers, and how you can take advantage of the small business tax credit.
- Medicaid Expansion: With Medicaid soon to become Colorado’s second-largest payer, the state plans big changes - including a move toward an accountable care collaborative.
- Reimbursement Game Changers: Describes the impending shift from fee-for-service to outcomes-based reimbursement, or from paying for volume to paying for value.
- Integrated Care: The movement toward community-based systems of care, including the patient centered medical home and medical neighborhood and accountable care organizations.
- Fraud and Abuse: Increased scrutiny means compliance planning will be more critical than ever. Includes a model compliance plan for your practice.
- Patient Safety, Professional Liability and Accountability: What CMS is doing to maintain Colorado’s stable liability climate and to ensure the Centennial State is the safest state in the country to receive medical care.