Practice Evolution Reality Check (PERC)
Health care as we know it is rapidly evolving. The Practice Evolution Reality Check, or PERC, is designed to help you evolve your practice along with it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction: An overview of the forces driving changes to the healthcare environment and tips on getting started on your own practice's evolution.
2. Timelines and Deadlines: What do you need to do and when do you need to do it? Includes effective dates for critical initiatives and printable calendars and timelines.
3. Health Information Technology - from EHR to HIE: The what and the why of HIT, from the federal electronic health record (EHR) incentive program and penalties for non-adopters to Colorado's plan for health information exchange and how you can get help.
4. Expanded Coverage and Benefits: New rules for insurance companies and employers, and how you can take advantage of the small business tax credit.
5. Medicaid Expansions: With Medicaid soon to become Colorado's second-largest payer, the state plans big changes - including a move toward an accountable care collaborative.
6. Reimbursement Game Changers: Describes the impending shift from fee-for-service to outcomes-based reimbursement, or from paying for volume to paying for value.
7. Integrated Care: The movement toward community-based systems of care, including the patient centered medical home and medical neighborhood and accountable care organizations.
8. Fraud and Abuse: Increased scrutiny means compliance planning will be more critical than ever. Includes a model compliance plan for your practice.
9. Patient Safety, Professional Liability and Accountability: What CMS is doing to maintain Colorado's stable liability climate and to ensure the Centennial State is the safest state in the country to receive medical care.