The Colorado Medical Society Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) private foundation, was founded in 1982 to support educational activities in Colorado.
In recent years, funding has been used to:
- Provide financial support to the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair through a donation of $1,000 yearly
- Support the educational portions of the CMS Annual Meeting, and
- Identify deserving first-year students entering the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Rocky Vista University by awarding each scholarship recipient approximately $5,000 to be used for their tuition. To receive a scholarship a student must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement during his/her undergraduate years, have significant financial need, and express a desire to enter one of the primary care specialties and practice in an underserved urban or rural area.
Since 1989 the CMS EF has awarded 36 scholarships to first-year CU medical students amounting to over $144,000. The recipients of these scholarships, your future colleagues, greatly appreciate your help. Since 1992, we have provided $7,500 to the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair.
Our success is dependent on donations from the membership of CMS. Donations are tax-deductible, and 99.9 percent of donations we receive go directly to these educational initiatives.
There are several ways you may donate.
- In 2002 the “In Appreciation of” program was started. For a contribution to the CMS EF of $25 or more, you can give a donation in the name of someone you wish to honor or remember. This is a gift that will keep on giving for many years. Your contribution is tax-deductible, the person in whose name the gift is made will receive a special certificate recognizing him/her on this occasion, and the student receiving the scholarship will benefit greatly by your help.
- You or your organization may sponsor a scholarship.
- Ask your financial advisor if you might be able to support CMS EF as part of your estate planning.
Leave a legacy. Please join your fellow physicians in investing in the future of our profession.
For more information, contact Kate Alfano at firstname.lastname@example.org.