Get to know the candidates running for CMS leadership positions in advance of the August 2022 CMS election.
The following CMS physicians have announced their candidacy for office. Click on each candidate's name below for their candidate statement and CV.
President-elect (two candidates running for one position; listed alphabetically)
AMA Delegation (four candidates running for four positions)
- Dave Downs, MD, FACP, incumbent AMA Delegation
- Rachelle M. Klammer, MD, incumbent AMA Delegation
- Kay Lozano, MD, incumbent AMA Delegation
- Lee Morgan, MD, incumbent AMA Delegation
The electronic ballot for the CMS leadership election was sent Aug. 1 at 6 a.m. to all members in good standing for whom we have an email address. It contains an individualized link to the ballot and the member’s CMS member ID. There are fields at the bottom of the ballot to enter name, email and member ID for validation purposes. Voting will be open through Aug. 31.
If you are a member in good standing and did not get a ballot:
- Please look for an email with the subject line of "2022 CMS Leadership Election” sent from the Colorado Medical Society, firstname.lastname@example.org, at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 1. It may be in your spam/junk (Outlook) or promotions tab of their email (Gmail).
- Please verify your membership by searching your name in our public-facing directory, https://members.cms.org/directory/
- Send an email to email@example.com with your preferred email address; we might not have it on file!
All CMS members are encouraged to use this opportunity to vote. We also ask you to consider seeking a leadership position next year. More details on the 2022 nomination period will be available in September. Taking the opportunity to vote affirms the significant commitment of our organization to engage all members in the governance process. Do you have questions about voting, nominations or leadership opportunities? Don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.