The latest on Omicron and crisis standards of care
(Webinar, 1 hr 03 min)
Putting Your Patient at the Center of Care: Serious Illness Conversations and Symptom Management in a Time of COVID-19
(Webinar, 1 hr 35 min)
Colorado Medical Society issued a joint statement with the House of Medicine on prescribing, dispensing, and ordering of COVID-19 medications. (Updated April 2)
American Medical Association issued a joint statement with the American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists on ordering, prescribing or dispensing COVID-19 medications (April 17)
- Governor's administration guidance on liability during the COVID-19 emergency (letter)
- Executive Order D 2020 045 Permitting the Limited Recommencement of Voluntary or Elective Surgeries and Procedures in Colorado
- On April 27th, Colorado moved to a Safer-At-Home phase (Executive Order D 2020 044) where certain businesses and services, including elective surgeries and procedures, will be allowed to take place. Elective surgeries and procedures are addressed in Executive Order D 2020 045. CDPHE released a Public Health Order (20-28) regarding Safer at Home and Amended Public Health Order 20-29 outlining requirements for practices considering resuming elective procedures and surgeries. Providers are still recommended to utilize telehealth where possible.
- Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) COVID-19 Updates for Licensees and Consumers
Advice for providers with potential COVID-19 exposure.3/7/20
How to prepare for transport and arrival of patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
How to collect, handle, and test clinical specimens for COVID-19.
Advice for providers sending patients home with mild symptoms of suspected or confirmed COVID-19. 2/12/20
Advice for facilities managing confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients that must remain in the facility. 3/10/20
Information on sterilization of non-medical facilities such as schools and offices after someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 has been in the facility. 3/6/20
Information on how to prepare physician offices for patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. 3/12/20
Information on how to minimize spread and exposure from patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in health care settings. 3/1/20
Clinical assessment guidelines to determine if a patient is likely infected with COVID-19. 3/5/20
- MDPOA fillable PDF
- The Conversation Project: Being Prepared in the Time of COVID
- Vital Talk: Communication Skills
- Ariadne Labs: COVID-19 Response Kit
Categories: Communications, Colorado Medicine, Opinion/editorial, Resources, COVID