In a press conference on Sept. 2, Gov. Jared Polis announced that $60 million in grant funds are now available for primary care physicians to assist you and your practice with expenditures that come with housing and vaccinating your patient community against COVID-19.
This solution is a direct benefit of the advocacy work CMS has been doing on your behalf to make sure you have the resources you need in the continued fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the grant funds:
The COVID-19 Primary Care Vaccination Program is funded by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and administered by the Colorado Health Institute (CHI). Primary care practices can apply for up to $60,000 to $120,000 (depending on practice size) to support the administration of COVID-19 vaccine.
These funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so do not wait to apply! We are hosting a special webinar next week to provide you with detailed information and support to help you navigate your application process. More information on this event is below.
To be eligible, organizations must be:
- A primary care practice with fewer than 500 clinicians.
- A primary care practice with more than 500 clinicians across all clinical sites that has been directly invited to apply.
- A practice transformation organization (PTO) with written consent to apply on behalf of a primary care practice.
For detailed eligibility information, please click here.
How to apply for the grant funds:
- You must have started your enrollment process to be a COVID-19 vaccine provider. You do not need to be approved to apply for grant funds. If you have not submitted your enrollment request yet, please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org in one email with the subject line "COVID-19 Primary Care Vaccination Program COVID-19 Provider Enrollment." Click here for more information on how to enroll.
- If you have already started your enrollment process or you are already an approved COVID-19 vaccine provider, you are ready to APPLY NOW to receive grant funding. Click here to get started!
The Colorado Medical Society is here to support you through your COVID-19 vaccine journey, including assisting in enrollment and your application for grant funds. If you have questions, please email our staff.
CMS staff is available to assist during our business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. MST. Please expect a response within 24 hours during business operation.