Reach the top physician candidates by posting your classified ad with CMS.
Click here to view rates for other marketing opportunities.
SALARY: $150 hourly, paid monthly
The Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) Medical Officer advises the DCHD Executive Director and the Douglas County Board of Health (BOH) on medical issues decisions pertaining to and affecting public health in Douglas County. This is a part-time, on-call contractor opportunity.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Services include but are not limited to:
- Attend monthly Board of Health meetings to respond to medical questions from board members as directed by the Executive Director.
- Provide medical consultation to the Executive Director regarding the required public health services of:
- Present to the BOH and to the media when directed by the Executive Director.
- Engage in bi-weekly planning and/or updates with the Executive Director.
- Be available at DCHD team meetings for consultation and to educate staff.
- Serve as a point of contact for court depositions or appearances for DCHD, including consulting as necessary during legal proceedings.
- Consult on and uphold DCHD medical and clinical policies, procedures, protocols, and standard of care.
- Review activities of healthcare providers contracted to provide services on behalf of DCHD.
- Support annual certification for the Vaccines for Children ("VFC") program and annual VFC training. Provide oversight for administering vaccines under standing orders and protocols for the VFC program.
- Authorize DCHD to use Colorado medical license number and DEA registration to order pharmaceuticals, including vaccines, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and DCHD policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations and order tests for staff/clients needing disease control services (e.g. specimen collection, diagnostic/laboratory testing), as needed and requested.
- Write prescriptions for antibiotics (e.g. prophylaxis) or other medications, as necessary and per agency procedures, to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- Maintain all licenses and certifications, including a State of Colorado medical license, required to perform required duties.
- Maintain any and all Center for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment ("CDPHE") certifications that are or may be necessary to supervise DCHD programs.
- Be available by phone within one hour of notice for consultation during normal operating hours and within six hours of notice at all other times.
- Provide DCHD with as much written notice as possible for unscheduled absences and two (2) weeks' notice in advance for scheduled absences if the Medical Director will not be able to provide Services.
- The position requires successful completion of a criminal background check including fingerprinting through a national database.
For more information and to apply, please email: email@example.com
The Healing Gardens Health Center is a well-established and well-respected primary care and integrative medicine center in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. This is an opportunity to not only build your dream practice, but also to create and benefit from ownership, all while working with a great team of like-minded providers. We are looking for an experienced board-certified Primary care and integrative/functional medicine provider. We are open to MD, DO, NP or NDs.
This model clinic is an ecosystem that includes a primary care/integrative medical clinic offering 15 different modalities, a living arts center, a natural Pharmacy/store, and a natural skin care line, all situated in the heart of beautiful downtown Fort Collins. We have an amazing team of dedicated staff and providers. Also, we have an active VI clinic providing nutrient infusions for patients and the community.
At the entrance of the property is a large Medicine Wheel/labyrinth to ensure patients know the heart of their medicine comes from Plants and the connection to Earth.
Dr. Fields started this version of an integrative/functional medicine clinic in 2003 after pioneering the first integrative clinic in Fort Colins in 1996. The Healing Gardens version is her perfect vision. After 25 years, Dr. Fields is ready to mentor the next generation physician both in business and healing so the vision can continue for this community.
The Healing Gardens has been providing personalized and compassionate healthcare to our community for more than 20 years. This well-established clinic offers an alternative to high stress, high volume, and production-based medicine, instead the physician will partner at this health clinic, and eventual ownership. The new hire will of course have mentorship from the leader in the field for years to follow learning medicine and business success.
Don't miss this rare opportunity to be part of a non-corporate, healthy, low stress environment delivering quality healthcare, all while being mentored by a leader and pioneer in the Integrative Medical Field.
Education and/or Experience:
SEND ALL INQUIRIES/RESUMES TO: Jcwhitefields@aol.com