143rd Annual Meeting: Mardi Gras in the Mountains | Sept. 20-22, 2013
House of Delegates reminders and deadlines
CMS is changing the format of the Annual Meeting from three days to two, and this requires streamlining the business portions of the meeting. Please note the following timeline and informational items:
- All resolutions must be submitted 40 days prior to the meeting of the House of Delegates. This year that date is Aug. 11, 2013. All resolutions have been posted on the CMS website for review.
> Go to www.cms.org/annual-meeting to review the resolutions and make comments.
- Each component society has been asked to nominate one member to serve on the reference committee. The reference committee will hold its first meeting in person or by phone on Aug. 14, 2013, (note the revised date) to review submitted resolutions. They will combine similar resolutions and initiate background information searches if needed, but will not make recommendations to the HOD until after Sept. 16, 2013. All members, delegates and components are strongly urged to use our website to give the committee input during the comment period: Aug. 13 to Sept. 16.
- The reference committee will hold its second meeting on Sept. 16, 2013, to prepare the reference committee report.
- The reference committee report will be posted on www.cms.org/annual-meeting for review by Sept. 21 and will also be distributed to delegates upon arrival Friday evening or Saturday morning.
- CMS will open the HOD on Saturday morning, Sept. 21, 2013, at 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday’s activities will conclude at 12 p.m.
< Go back to the main Annual Meeting page