Please join CDPHE for a webinar focused on pediatric best practices for use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in the pediatric population. This webinar will be offered twice, Oct. 27 at 12 p.m. (recording link here) and Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. The webinar on Nov. 5 will also include an overview of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations for children 5-11 presented by Dr. Sean O’Leary.
CDPHE will cover the following topics during this webinar, as it relates to vaccinating the 5-11 population against COVID-19:
- Storage and handling, ancillary kits, and labeling best practices.
- Vaccine administration (body sites, dosing, dilution, co-administration, comfort holds).
- Consent for vaccination guidance.
- vSafe (smartphone-based tool that uses text messages to give personalized check-ins).
- CIIS reporting requirements.
- Emergency management (epi-pen Jr., pediatric BP cuff, pediatric airways).
- Smaller Pfizer order form.
- CDC Clinician Outreach and Community Activity (COCA) calls.
- Resources in communications toolkit.
- Primary care vaccination grant program overview.
To watch the archived version of the Oct. 29 meeting, click here.
To join the webinar on Nov. 5, follow the instructions below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 816 0141 0667
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,81601410667#,,,,*881394#
Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833
Find information on ordering the Pfizer vaccine for pediatric populations here: https://www.cms.org/articles/ordering-is-open-for-pediatric-pfizer-vaccine