The Colorado Medical Society strongly advocated for members and your businesses last legislative session when lawmakers debated and passed a bill creating the Colorado Option, and CMS continued that advocacy during the ensuing stakeholder engagement and rule-making process. Now health insurers will begin building networks for their Colorado Option plans. Be prepared for these contract negotiations. Find out all you need to know at a members-only Virtual Grand Rounds webinar hosted by the Colorado Medical Society.
Physicians can earn up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Non-physicians with at least one CMS-member physician in their practice are welcome to attend.
- Representative from the Division of Insurance
- John Conklin, JD, CMS outside legal counsel
- Mark Johnson, MD, MPH, CMS president
After completing this activity the learner should be able to
- Summarize key aspects of the Colorado Option
- Identify key dates in the implementation of the Colorado Option
- Describe how Colorado Option plans will be different from other health plans
- Clarify whether physicians are required to participate in Colorado Option plans and what factors physicians can consider when deciding whether to participate
- Discuss how CMS will continue to advocate for physicians as the Colorado Option is implemented
6:00 p.m. - Welcome/ Introductions / Zoom Instructions
6:05 p.m. - Presentations
6:45 p.m. - Q&A
7:00 p.m. - Webinar concludes
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Colorado Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Colorado Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.