Register today for a Colorado Medical Society webinar: Social Determinants of Health and their Effects on COVID-19 Outcomes, Friday, May 29, 12-1 p.m. Attendees can earn up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and 1 COPIC Point.
Understanding the impact of social determinants of health on our patients and communities is crucial to all health care providers, particularly during this COVID-19 public health crisis. Expert panelists will give an overview of the impact of social determinants of health on COVID-19 outcomes, with a focus on smoking and obesity. You will have the opportunity to provide suggestions on other aspects of COVID-19 and the practice of medicine we should address in future educational events.
- Jacinda Mawson Nicklas, MD, MPH, MA, Associate Professor, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Focus: Obesity and COVID-19
- Michael Pramenko, MD, family physician and executive director, Primary Care Partners in Grand Junction
- Focus: Overview of social determinants of health
- Brad Roberts, MD, emergency room physician, Southern Colorado Emergency Medical Associates in Pueblo
- Focus: Smoking/vaping and COVID-19
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Colorado Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Colorado Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
The content of this CME activity does not relate to any product of a commercial interest as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, therefore; neither the planners, faculty, nor any others in control of the content of this CME activity have any financial conflicts of interest for CME purposes.